Intellectual Property Law Clerk
Diserio Martin is a full service law firm that was founded in 1983. Our firm has a long history of success in providing innovative, cost-effective legal representation for individuals, families, and businesses in a wide range of industries and pro bono work. We take our role as a trusted advisor and advocate for our clients very seriously—whether we are working on a large corporate transaction, complex litigation, intellectual property enforcement, a family issue, or a pro bono matter. Our talented attorneys have the experience and knowledge to successfully handle a wide range of legal issues in our five key practice areas: Corporate and Finance, Intellectual Property, Litigation, Private Clients, and Employment. Diserio Martin offers its attorneys and staff a supportive and friendly working environment with many opportunities for professional development and competitive compensation packages.
Diserio Martin’s Intellectual Property Practice Group is thriving and growing. We represent a variety of well-known brands from all over the world, ranging from fashion to cosmetics, insurance to finance, educational programs to sporting equipment, food and drink services to toys, and much more.
Duties and preferred experience will include:
- Trademark searching, clearance, filing and maintenance of worldwide trademark portfolios
- Assisting attorneys in TTAB proceedings
- Assisting attorneys with investigations of trademark and copyright infringement matters
- Assisting attorneys with drafting cease and desist letters
- Online marketplace enforcement
- Familiarity with license, settlement, coexistence, and assignment is a plus
- Experience in preparing pleadings, motions, and discovery documents is a plus
- Interest in marketing and maintenance of department marketing materials
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in practicing trademark and copyright law (in-house or law firm experience)
- The position requires a J.D.
- Strong organizational, writing, verbal, and research skills
- Opportunities to advancement position is available
For consideration, please email cover letter and resume to CSpiess@dmoc.com.